Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tribute to Ryan, Month 10

A week after Ryan became 10 months we headed down to Florida for the first ever, Abernathy Family Reunion. Ryan was delighted to have several aunts and uncles to play with, plus two adoring grandparents, and three sweet cousins. We all had a wonderful time, and of course, the week went by far too quickly. Upon returning home we spent the rest of July with Brenton's company party, playing with our sweet boy, and watching him (drum roll please!!!) take his FIRST STEPS!!!!! On July 14th, I was holding Ryan's hand as he walked around, and then I decided to let go and see what he would do. I was thrilled as he took two steps all on his own. Honestly, it was like watching a miracle in action. I didn't know I could feel so excited about anything in my life. The only other things I can compare it to are the day I heard his heartbeat, and seeing him through my ultrasound. I wanted to shout out to the whole world that my son walked on his own. I truly believe that the greatest joys we have in this life come from our children. It was absolutely amazing. Here are a few other things that made the month special.

- Watching him open and close his hands to the song, "Popcorn Popping"
- Seeing his sense of humor begin to develop
- Watching him uncover the joys of his very first cardboard box
- His adorable little dance every time "Bob the Builder" came on
- Being old enough to develop a preference for certain songs, books, and stuffed animals
- His love for his "Brown Bear" that he wouldn't go to sleep without
- His first trip to the petting zoo and how excited he was to see all the animals
- His very first pony ride. He loved it!!!
- Seeing how smart he was at problem solving
- Seeing him figure out how to blow air into a recorder and his delight when a musical sound was emitted










Our amazing walking, talking, pony riding, llama petting, music playing little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment