As I'm sure all of you know by now, Ryan's arrival was a bit scary, resulting in him spending the first 11 days of his life in the NICU. Here's the photo/video history of those very, very long days.
August 23rd, 2010. Ryan's very first picture.
Daddy stayed with Ryan while I was stitched up and moved to a recovery room.
August 24th, 2010, 2:00AM. Mommy finally gets to meet Ryan for the first time.
August 24th. Mommy gets to hold Ryan.
August 25th. Getting a little more color in is sweet face.
Waving hi to Mommy and Daddy
August 26th. Mommy singing to Ryan
Later in the evening, Daddy went down to the NICU to visit Ryan while Mommy rested. He took this video of Ryan wide awake.
He also took this cute one of Ryan yawning.
This next one's my favorite. After Brenton took this he rushed back to my room and showed it to me. I all about jumped into my wheelchair to go and see Ryan.
August 27th. I got permission to hold Ryan again. Here's a video of it. Daddy also got to change Ryan's diaper for the first time, although we didn't capture that one on video.
August 29th. Ryan was very cute during the day, and we got lots of video.
Ryan holding Mommy and Daddy's fingers.
He got a bit fussy in this one, but it's still cute.
Later that day Mommy got to hold Ryan again and nurse him for the first time.
Daddy also got permission to hold Ryan for the first time. It was a very exciting day!
August 30th. Ryan is moved to the Special Care Nursery, and Grandma Abernathy gets to meet him.
August 31st. A few more videos of our boy in the Special Care Nursery.
Sept 2nd. Ryan finally comes home! Mom and Dad camped out at the hospital the night before to finish all the requirements. Here's the little guy during his last night at the hospital.
Coming out of the hospital. Freedom!
Getting loaded up into the car
Home at last!












It's so fun to see all those videos and pictures. I had a good dream the other night with you and Ryan in it. I got to hold him, and he was the chubbiest most adorable baby I'd ever held. :) He was a few months older in my dream. I woke up happy! Can't wait to see you again soon!
ReplyDelete