Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy 6 months, Ryan!!

Can you believe it? Our little boy is half a year old! That sure happened fast. Every time I place him on the changing table I'm shocked at how much bigger he is. I absolutely love the age he is at right now. It is so fun! Here are some things that Ryan is doing now that I just love:
- He can sit up on his own for about 20-30 seconds
- He knows that we are delighted when he giggles, so to get our attention, he does this half chuckle/fake laugh hoping that we'll come over and play with him. It usually works.
- He can scoot backwards on his back about 3 feet, often worrying Mommy when she looks at his play mat that he is no longer on.
- He has started eating baby cereal, and doesn't really like it unless we turn the spoon into an airplane. Then he eats about half of it.
- He flops his head from side to side often when he's kicking. We call it his "penguin head."
- While he can't repeat them on his own yet, he recognizes several baby signs and their meanings.
- He talks all the time, especially on the phone to Daddy at work.
- He loves imitating. He copies us when we stick out our tongues, buzz our lips, or click our tongues. It's adorable.
- He loves looking at other babies, and has made friends with most of them at our church. He loves being around people, and is very social.
- Dropping things and watching Mommy pick them up is one of his new favorite games.
- He delights us every single day with something new that he's learned. We're so proud of him.

We are so in love with Ryan. I don't know how we were ever happy without him. Here's to another six months of happiness and growing from all three of us. I put together a montage of photos from Ryan's first six months as a tribute. He's Mommy's angel, and Daddy's little buddy. We think the world of him. He's so great!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on all the things he's learning! I wish I could be around to see more of it. He'll just have to surprise us in another month or so--whenever we get to come down. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute oreo birthday cake, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he is already 6 months...what a little sweetheart! I Loved the slideshow...so sweet!! :o)

    ReplyDelete