Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Surprise Weekend Getaway

It could not have come at a better time for me. I go completely stir crazy during the cold winter months, stuck at home with a baby and no car. Brenton and I have been adjusting to our new family schedule, with him going to both work and school full time, and me staying home with Ryan, attempting to get things done around the house in between his infrequent naps. While we've been doing the best we can, it's taking some time to get the hang of things. It's very easy to get complacent about life when you're so busy, and that dulls the senses very quickly. So we've been trying to come up with ideas to keep the magic alive for our family. This past week we rearranged the furniture in our living room and bedroom to have a fresh perspective. We love it! I feel like I'm in a new home, which is great considering most days the only time I get out of the house is to get the mail.

A few weeks ago, we went to Eden, Utah and stayed in a gorgeous condo compliments of Brenton's amazing parents. I started to cry when Brenton told me we'd be getting out of Provo for three days, and doing nothing but relaxing in the snow covered mountains. We invited two other couples with us since there was room for six in the condo, and off we went!

Since we don't have cable at home, Brenton and Ryan watched plenty of football together.



Our friends, Bryson and DK Shreeve, with Todd Glazier behind. All of us brought several games, which we spent most of the weekend playing together. It was so fun!

Each night a different couple made dinner. Here, Todd and Lisa Glazier made Melting Pot cheese fondue. It was incredible!

Ryan loved having all the attention from everyone, and Mommy loved having a break once in awhile. The perfect combination to make everybody happy!



When we weren't all playing games, the boys watched football while the girls chatted, worked on crafts, and read the novel for book club. It was a relaxing three-day weekend for all of us, and we loved every minute of it.

Thank you, to Ralph and Linnea, who graciously allowed us to have a wonderful weekend away without worrying about it ruining our budget. We returned home rejuvenated and ready to face the long winter days in Provo. With any luck, we'll have an early Spring, and Mommy can get out of the house more. But either way, this was a much needed break that we all really enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow yesterday, so you're in luck, early Spring!!!!How about next time ya'll look into getting a weekend condo on Navarre Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you two...believe me, I know how it is to be home most of the week & the only conversations are baby talk! :o) I'm so happy that you were able to get away with friends!! We are going away this weekend for our Anniversary & I am SO excited! I can't remember the last time we had time alone. :o) I Love this blog too...So Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete