Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Me and My Shadow

Ryan is nine months old! In a few weeks, he will have been outside of me longer than he was inside. Pretty neat! Lately, Ryan's favorite thing to do is whatever Mommy's doing. He can't stand it if I leave him, even if it's to sit on the couch while he plays with his toys. If I do go somewhere, such as the kitchen to make a sandwich, he has to come, too. If I'm working on a craft project at the table, Ryan will pull himself up using my leg and watch me. He pulls himself up onto everything now, and moves from one piece of furniture to the next in order to walk around. He has also learned how to climb up stairs, requiring the use of our first baby gate. While it can be a bit frustrating to always have him underfoot as I'm working, it's also very sweet that he wants to be with his Mommy, doing everything she does. Plus, it's a great sign of cognitive development as he tries to imitate my actions. What a smart guy!

                                 

Yesterday we got Ryan a little push-and-go toy so that he can walk around without having to use the furniture. He loves it! His eyes light up every time he figures out he can move around with it. However, the wheels don't swivel, so he pretty much just walks in a straight line until he runs into something, then looks to one of us for help. Here's a video we took yesterday of the little guy in action.



In other news, we planted our garden for the summer, and we hope it will turn out as successful as it did last year! But I'll post about that another day. Right now there's a little boy clinging to my leg and trying to grab the computer screen. I think he needs some playtime with Mommy. As always, we're sending our love to each of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment